WiredSafety is the largest and oldest online safety, education, and help group in the world. Originating in 1995 as a group of volunteers rating websites, it now provides one-to-one help, extensive information, and education to cyberspace users of all ages on a myriad of Internet and interactive technology safety, privacy and security issues. These services are offered through a worldwide organization comprised entirely of unpaid volunteers who administer specialized websites, resources and programs.
The organization's work falls into five major areas:
- Help and support for victim of cybercrime and harassment
- Advice, training and help for law enforcement worldwide on preventing, spotting and investigating cybercrimes
- Education for children, parents, communities, law enforcement and educators
- Information and awareness on all aspects of online safety, privacy, responsible use and security and
- Resources that can be downloaded or printed and used for offline presentations, community events and classroom activities.