Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Wearable computing is
|“||the use of a miniature, body-borne computer or sensory device worn on, over, under or integrated within, clothing.||”|
"Constant interaction between the user and the computer, where the computer 'learns' what the user is experiencing at the time he or she is experiencing it and super-imposes on that experience additional information, is an objective of current wearable computing design."
"[T]here are currently four main segments in the wearable technology marketplace:
- Fitness, wellness and life tracking applications (e.g. smart clothing and smart sports glasses, activity monitors, sleep sensors) which are gaining popular appeal for those inclined to track many aspects of their lives;
- Infotainment (smart watches, augmented reality headsets, smart glasses);
- Healthcare and medical (e.g. continuous glucose monitors, wearable biosensor patches) and
- Industrial, police and military (e.g. hand worn terminals, body-mounted cameras, augmented reality headsets)."
- ↑ Mobile Medical Applications: Guidance for Industry and Food and Drug Administration Staff, at 62.
- ↑ Id.
- ↑ Id.