Violence Against Women and Department of Justice Reauthorization Act of 2005, Pub. L. No. 109-162 (Jan. 5, 2005).
- appropriate privacy protections for the department’s existing or proposed information technology and systems;
- privacy implications of legislative and regulatory proposals;
- implementation of policies and procedures, including training and auditing, to ensure compliance with privacy-related laws and policies;
- that adequate resources and staff are devoted to meeting the department’s privacy-related functions and obligations;
- appropriate notifications regarding privacy policies and inquiry and complaint procedures; and
- privacy-related reports from the department to Congress and the President, including an annual report to Congress on activities affecting privacy.