Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The United Nations Organization (UNO) or simply the United Nations (UN) is an international organization whose stated aims are facilitating cooperation in international law, international security, economic development, social progress, human rights, and the achieving of world peace. The UN was founded in 1945 after World War II to replace the League of Nations, to stop wars between countries, and to provide a platform for dialogue. It contains multiple subsidiary organizations to carry out its missions.
The General Assembly, which provides a forum for discussing and adopting resolutions on cyberspace-related issues and raising international cybersecurity awareness, is the UN’s chief deliberative, policymaking, and representative body. Other organizational entities within the UN, such as the Office on Drugs and Crime, are additional forums where member countries can discuss approaches for transnational issues, including cybercrime.
See also Edit
- General Assembly of the United Nations
- UN Convention Against Transnational Organized Crime
- UN Guidelines for the Regulation of Computerized Personal Data Files
- United Nations Commission on International Trade Law
- United Nations Commission on Science and Technology for Development
- United Nations Conference on Trade and Development
- United Nations Convention Against Transnational Organized Crime
- United Nations Convention on the Use of Electronic Communications in International Contracts
- United Nations Group on the Information Society
- United Nations Rules for Electronic Data Interchange for Administration, Commerce, and Transport
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|