The Finnish Ubiquitous Information Society Advisory Board aims to transform Finland into an internationally recognized, competitive, competence-based service society with a human touch.
The Advisory Board has the duty to:
- draw up an action plan for the national information society strategy;
- monitor and coordinate the implementation of the action plan;
- accommodate the measures of the action plan and ensure that they are consistent with one another;
- maintain cooperation with other players in the information society development;
- integrate and coordinate information security work in the information society;
- promote the introduction and development of reliable electronic identification systems;
- promote the copyright system from the viewpoint of the information society;
- take new initiatives to speed up the national information society development;
- monitor the information society development at international and EU level; and
- report annually to the Government about the implementation of the action plan.
The work within the Advisory Board is carried out in six working groups.