Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Kennon H. Nakamura & Matthew C. Weed, U.S. Public Diplomacy: Background and Current Issues (CRS Report R40989) (Dec. 18, 2009) (full-text).
The body of this report is divided into five sections.
- The first section provides background information on U.S. public diplomacy, its legislative foundations, and the history of modern U.S. public diplomacy including the former USIA.
- The second section discusses the abolishment of USIA and the transfer of its functions to the Department of State.
- The third section discusses the current structure of public diplomacy within the Department of State as well as its budget and personnel levels.
- The fourth section gives a detailed overview of some of the major related policy issues and perceived challenges to the effectiveness of U.S. public diplomacy, and proposed reforms and solutions.
- The fifth section describes proposed legislation intended to reform and improve U.S. public diplomacy.