Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Transportation, Treasury, Independent Agencies and General Government Appropriations Act of 2005, Div. H, Pub. L. No. 108-447, December 8, 2004.
Section 522 of the "Transportation, Treasury, Independent Agencies and General Government Appropriations Act of 2005" directed each agency whose appropriations were provided by the Act, including the Departments of Transportation and Treasury, to designate a Chief Privacy Officer with primary responsibility for privacy and data protection policy, including:
- ensuring that technology sustains, and does not erode, privacy and that technology used to collect or process personal information allows for continuous auditing of compliance with stated privacy policies and practices;
- ensuring that personal information contained in Privacy Act of 1974 systems of records is handled in full compliance with fair information practices as defined in the Privacy Act;
- evaluating legislative and regulatory proposals and conducting privacy impact assessments of proposed rules;
- preparing an annual report to Congress on activities affecting privacy;
- ensuring the protection of personal information and information systems from unauthorized access, unauthorized use, unauthorized disclosure, or unauthorized destruction,
- providing employees with privacy training; and
- ensuring compliance with privacy and data protection policies.
- ↑ The Act applies to the Department of Transportation, Department of Treasury, Executive Office of the President, Architectural and Transportation Barriers Compliance Board, Election Assistance Commission, Federal Election Commission, Federal Labor Relations Authority, Federal Maritime Commission, General Services Administration, Merit Systems Protection Board, Morris K. Udall Scholarship and Excellence in National Environmental Policy Foundation, National Archives and Records Administration, National Historical Publications and Records Commission, National Transportation Safety Board, Office of Government Ethics, Office of Personnel Management, Office of Special Counsel, U.S. Postal Service, and U.S. Tax Court.