A thing "may be all software, hardware, a combination of both, and human."
A thing is
|| very various such as computers, sensors, people, actuators, refrigerators, TVs, vehicles, mobile phones, clothes, food, medicines, books, etc. These things are classified as three scopes: people, machine (for example, sensor, actuator, etc) and information (for example clothes, food, medicine, books and etc). These "things" should be identified at least by one unique way of identification for the capability of addressing and communicating with each other and verifying their identities.
- ↑ datascience@berkeley, "From A to Z in the Internet of Things" (full-text).
- ↑ NIST Special Publication 800-183, at 25.
- ↑ Overview of the Internet of Things, at 1.
- ↑ The Internet of Things: Frequently Asked Questions, at Summary.
- ↑ The Internet of Things-Concept and Problem Statement, at 6.