Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Terrorist Screening Database (TSDB) is the central terrorist watchlist consolidated by the FBI's Terrorist Screening Center and used by multiple agencies to compile their specific watchlists and for screening.
The list consists of 400,000 unique names and over 1,000,000 records (some are alias or name variant) as of September 2008. 1,600 nominations are suggested daily for addition, 600 names for removal and 4,800 records for modification by the U.S. intelligence community. Fewer than 5% of the people on the list are U.S. citizens or legal permanent residents.
The TSDB is fed from two primary sources: international terrorist (IT) information from the Terrorist Identities Datamart Environment, a central database on known or suspected international terrorists maintained by the National Counterterrorism Center (NCTC) and domestic terrorist (DT) information from the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI).
The TSDB in turn is used to compile various watchlists and screening systems:
- No-fly list - Department of Homeland Security
- Selectee list - Department of Homeland Security
- Interagency Border Inspection System (IBIS) - Department of Homeland Security
- National Automated Immigration Lookout System (NAILS) - Department of Homeland Security migrated to TECS
- Consular Lookout and Support System (CLASS) - Department of State
- Criminal Justice Information Services Division Warrant Information - U.S. Department of Justice
- Violent Gang and Terrorist Organization File (VGTOF) - U.S. Department of Justice
- Interpol Terrorism Watch List - U.S. Department of Justice
- Air Force Office of Special Investigations Top Ten Fugitive List - U.S. Department of Defense
- Automated Biometric Identification System - U.S. Department of Defense
- Integrated Automated Fingerprint Identification System (IAFIS) - U.S. Department of Justice
- ↑ Federal Bureau of Investigation — Congressional Testimony.
- ↑ "1,600 are suggested daily for FBI's list," Wash. Post (full-text).
External resources Edit
- Why was the Terrorist Screening Database (TSDB) created?
- We're All Terrorists! Watch List Makes 20k 'Matches' in '06
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|