Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Part 13 of the Act makes it an offence for a carrier or carrier service provider and its employees to use or disclose any information or document which comes into its possession in the course of its business, where the information relates to:
- the contents or substance of a communication carried by the carrier or carriage service provider, whether the communication is delivered or not; or
- carriage services supplied, or intended to be supplied, by the carrier or carriage service provider; or
- the affairs or personal particulars of another person.
- where the disclosure is reasonably necessary for the enforcement of the criminal law, enforcement of a law imposing a pecuniary penalty, and protection of public revenue;
- where the disclosure is made to Australian Security Intelligence Organisation (ASIO) for the performance of its functions;
- where the disclosure is required or is otherwise authorised under a warrant or under law.
The Act imposes an obligation on carriers and carriage services providers to provide reasonable assistance to enforcement agencies necessary to enforce the criminal law and intelligence agencies for security purposes.