Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In December 1994, the Commission on Preservation and Access and the Research Libraries Group jointly created a Task Force on Archiving of Digital Information as an initial step in addressing the many preservation issues raised by the rapid proliferation of digital information. They asked the Task Force to "consult broadly among librarians, archivists, curators, technologists, relevant government and private sector organizations, and other interested parties" in an effort to:
- "frame the key problems (organizational, technological, legal, economic etc.)" associated with digital preservation,
- "define the critical issues that inhibit resolution of each identified problem," and
- "recommend actions to remove the issue from the list."
- "consider alternatives to technology refreshing."
- "make other generic recommendations as appropriate."
In 1996, the Task Force issued its final report titled "Preserving Digital Information: Final Report and Recommendations."