Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Task Force on Archiving Digital Information was created jointly in 1994 by the Commission on Preservation and Access and the Research Libraries Group.
The purpose of the Task Force was to investigate the means of ensuring "continued access indefinitely into the future of records stored in digital electronic form." Composed of individuals drawn from industry, museums, archives and libraries, publishers, scholarly societies and government, the Task Force was charged specifically to:
- "Frame the key problems (organizational, technological, legal, economic etc.) that need to be resolved for technology refreshing to be considered an acceptable approach to ensuring continuing access to electronic digital records indefinitely into the future.
- “Define the critical issues that inhibit resolution of each identified problem.
- “For each issue, recommend actions to remove the issue from the list.
- “Consider alternatives to technology refreshing.
- “Make other generic recommendations as appropriate."