Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A system administrator (also known as the sysop, sysadmin, and system operator) is
|“||[t]he individual who has legitimate supervisory rights over a computer system. The administrator maintains the highest access to the system.||”|
|“||[the] [p]erson responsible for the effective operation and maintenance of an IS, including implementation of standard procedures and controls to enforce an organization's security policy.||”|
|“||privileged-level individual employed or authorized to maintain and operate a computer system or network. Individual responsible for the installation and maintenance of an information system, providing effective information system utilization, adequate security parameters, and sound implementation of established information assurance policy and procedures.||”|
"The System Administrator (SA) has responsibility to:
• Manage system performance
- Provide system security and customer support
- Perform equipment custodian duties
- Maintain software licenses and documentation
- Monitor hardware and software maintenance contracts
- Establish User IDs and passwords
- Ensure adequate network connectivity
- Review audit trails
- Provide backup of systems operations and other system unique requirements."
- ↑ Forensic Examination of Digital Evidence: A Guide for Law Enforcement, at 41.
- ↑ Practices for Securing Critical Information Assets, Glossary, at 58.
- ↑ AR 25-2, at 88.
- ↑ Glossary of Security Terms, Definitions, and Acronyms, at 236.
- ↑ Id. at 236-37.