The mandate of the Canadian Spectrum, Information Technologies and Telecommunications Sector (SITT) is to accelerate Canada's economic growth and innovation through the development and use of Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs). SITT seeks to
- ensure that Canadians have access to a world-class telecommunications infrastructure
- enhance the international competitiveness of Canadian ICT industries
- promote the strategic use of ICT by all sectors of the Canadian economy and make Canada a world leader in e-commerce
- provide leadership in strategic areas of ICT R&D on behalf of federal organizations
- maximize economic and social benefits from the use of the radio frequency spectrum.