- Remind state agencies of their responsibilities regarding the secure use of the state's information technology (IT) infrastructure and information assets. This includes:
- Ensuring the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) standards and Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) are used in information management planning and operations
- Using the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) publications referenced in the FIPS.
- Clarify that the Telework and Remote Access Security Standard included as Section 66A of the Statewide Information Management Manual (SIMM) applies to the use and implementation of smartphones and other mobile computing devices.
- Announce the release of the Remote Access Agreement as SIMM Section 65E, and updated content to the Telework and Remote Access Security Standard in SIMM Section 66A.