European Commission, Smart Grids: From Innovation to Deployment (COM/2011/0202 final) (Apr. 12, 2011) (full-text).
This Communication is intended to accelerate Smart Grid deployment in the EU Member States. The Commission proposes to focus on:
- 1. developing technical standards;
- 2. ensuring data protection for consumers;
- 3. establishing a regulatory framework to provide incentives for Smart Grid deployment;
- 4. guaranteeing an open and competitive retail market in the interest of consumers;
- 5. providing continued support to innovation for technology and systems.