Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Scottish Information Commissioner is a public official appointed by Her Majesty The Queen on the nomination of the Scottish Parliament. He is responsible for enforcing and promoting Scotland's freedom of information laws, namely:
- The Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002
- The Environmental Information (Scotland) Regulations 2004
- The INSPIRE (Scotland) Regulations 2009
The Scottish Information Commissioner:
- investigates applications and issues legally enforceable decisions;
- promotes good practice amongst public authorities; and
- provides the public with information on their rights.