The Safer Internet Forum 2008 took place in Luxembourg on September 25-26, 2008. The Forum was open for stakeholders from NGOs, governments, researchers, industry representatives, including Internet Service Providers, mobile network operators, social networking sites, and software developers.
The European Commission organized 4 different experts' panels on the following topics:
- Social networking and Children
- Age verification
- What do we know about Children's use of online technologies?
- Media Rating – towards pan-European cross media rating and classification schemes
Two of the presentations are available online:
- European Commission, Information Society and Media Directorate-General, Public Consultation on Online Social Networking (Summary) (2008) (full-text).
- European Commission, Information Society and Media Directorate-General, Background Report on Cross Media Rating and Classification, and Age Verification Solutions (2008) (full-text).