Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Safer Internet Forum 2008 took place in Luxembourg on September 25-26, 2008. The Forum was open for stakeholders from NGOs, governments, researchers, industry representatives, including Internet Service Providers, mobile network operators, social networking sites, and software developers.
The European Commission organized 4 different experts' panels on the following topics:
- Social networking and Children
- Age verification
- What do we know about Children's use of online technologies?
- Media Rating – towards pan-European cross media rating and classification schemes
Two of the presentations are available online:
- European Commission, Information Society and Media Directorate-General, Public Consultation on Online Social Networking (Summary) (2008) (full-text).
- European Commission, Information Society and Media Directorate-General, Background Report on Cross Media Rating and Classification, and Age Verification Solutions (2008) (full-text).