Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Rainbow Series is a series of documents published by the National Computer Security Center (NCSC) to discuss in detail the features of the DoD Trusted Computer System Evaluation Criteria (TCSEC) and provide guidance for meeting each requirement. The name "rainbow" is a nickname because each document has a different color of cover.
The following are brief descriptions of some of the documents that form the Rainbow Series:
- Password Management Guideline (Light Green)
- Glossary of Computer Security Terms (Dark Green)
- Magnetic Remanence Security Guidelines (Dark Blue)
- Guidance for Applying the Department of Defense Trusted Computer System Evaluation Criteria in Specific Environments (Yellow)
- This volume provides guidance for applying the TCSEC to specific environments.