Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Publicly available information is
|“||[i]nformation that is generally accessible to the interested public in any form.||”|
|“||information that has been published or broadcast for public consumption, is available on request to the public, is accessible on-line or otherwise to the public, is available to the public by subscription or purchase, could be seen or heard by any casual observer, is made available at a meeting open to the public, or is obtained by visiting any place or attending any event that is open to the public.||”|
|“||[d]ata, facts, instructions, or other material published or broadcast for general public consumption; available on request to a member of the general public; lawfully seen or heard by any casual observer; or made available at a meeting open to the general public.||”|
(1) Publicly available information means any information that you have a reasonable basis to believe is lawfully made available to the general public from:
- (i) Federal, State, or local government records;
- (ii) Widely distributed media; or
- (iii) Disclosures to the general public that are required to be made by Federal, State, or local law.
(2) Reasonable basis. You have a reasonable basis to believe that information is lawfully made available to the general public if you have taken steps to determine:
- (i) That the information is of the type that is available to the general public; and
- (ii) Whether an individual can direct that the information not be made available to the general public and, if so, that your consumer has not done so.