Public affairs (PA) refers to
|“||[t]hose public information, command information, and community relations activities directed toward both the external and internal publics with interest in the Department of Defense.||”|
Overview (Military) Edit
- Expedite the flow of accurate and timely information to internal (own organization) and external (the public) audiences.
- Create an awareness of the military goals during a campaign or operation.
- Satisfy the desires of the internal and external audiences to be kept informed about the campaign or operation.
- Inform internal and external audiences of significant developments affecting them.
- Through the public media, allow a JFC to inform an adversary or a potential adversary about the friendly force’s intent and capability.