|| any data that could reasonably be associated with a particular consumer or a particular consumer's property, such as a smart phone or other device, or any other unique identifier. Although pseudonymous data do not directly identify an individual, pseudonymous data can be traced to an individual's identity with relative ease. This type of data includes, but is not limited to
- RFID codes: RFID chips frequently come with a uniquely identifiable number, which can individualize any property to which the chip is attached.
- Device identification numbers, such as IP address, Mac address, Bluetooth number, Near Field Communication number, International Mobile Equipment Identity number.
- Internet user name, such as the name with which one uses to post to a discussion forum.
- Social networking data, including login information and friend lists.
- User-generated data: data generated knowingly by an individual, such as search terms, posts in discussion forums and data input into social networking profiles.