Protected health information (PHI) means "individually identifiable health information:
- (1) Except as provided in paragraph (2) of this definition, that is:
- (i) Transmitted by electronic media;
- (ii) Maintained in electronic media; or
- (iii) Transmitted or maintained in any other form or medium.
- (2) Protected health information excludes individually identifiable health information in:
- (i) Education records covered by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, as amended, 20 U.S.C. 1232g;
- (ii) Records described at 20 U.S.C. 1232g(a)(4)(B)(iv); and
- (iii) Employment records held by a covered entity in its role as employer."
- ↑ 45 C.F.R. 160.103.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.