Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The U.S. Department of Education established the Privacy Technical Assistance Center (PTAC) as a "one-stop" resource for education stakeholders to learn about data privacy, confidentiality, and security practices related to student-level longitudinal data systems and other uses of student data. PTAC provides timely information and updated guidance on privacy, confidentiality, and security practices through a variety of resources, including training materials and opportunities to receive direct assistance with privacy, security, and confidentiality of student data systems.
Publications issued by the PTAC which are relevant to this wiki are listed below in alphabetical order:
- Best Practices for Data Destruction
- Checklist: Data Breach Response
- Checklist: Data Governance
- Checklist: Data Security
- Checklist: Data Sharing Agreement
- Data De-identification: An Overview of Basic Terms
- Data Security: Top Threats to Data Protection
- FERPA Exceptions Summary
- Protecting Student Privacy While Using Online Educational Services: Requirements and Best Practices
- Protecting Student Privacy While Using Online Educational Services: Model Terms of Service
- Responsibilities of Third-Party Service Providers under FERPA
- Transparency Best Practices for Schools and Districts