Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
(o)(1) Personally identifiable financial information means any information:
- (i) A consumer provides to you to obtain a financial product or service from you;
- (ii) About a consumer resulting from any transaction involving a financial product or service between you and a consumer; or
- (iii) You otherwise obtain about a consumer in connection with providing a financial product or service to that consumer.
(2) Examples —
- (i) Information included. Personally identifiable financial information includes:
- (A) Information a consumer provides to you on an application to obtain a loan, credit card, or other financial product or service;
- (B) Account balance information, payment history, overdraft history, and credit or debit card purchase information;
- (C) The fact that an individual is or has been one of your customers or has obtained a financial product or service from you;
- (D) Any information about your consumer if it is disclosed in a manner that indicates that the individual is or has been your consumer;
- (E) Any information that a consumer provides to you or that you or your agent otherwise obtain in connection with collecting on a loan or servicing a loan;
- (F) Any information you collect through an Internet “cookie” (an information collecting device from a web server); and
- (G) Information from a consumer report.
- (ii) Information not included. Personally identifiable financial information does not include:
- ↑ 12 C.F.R. §216.3(o)(1).