Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Personal health information (PHI) (also referred to as protected health information) is demographic information, medical history, test and laboratory results, insurance information and other data that is collected by a health care professional to identify an individual and determine appropriate care.
"[T]he following data elements associated with an individual — alone or in combination — are interpreted as PHI by many laws:
- Name, address (including just postal code), telephone and fax numbers
- E-mail addresses
- Medical insurance or Social Security/National Insurance numbers
- Any date more granular than year
- Information about beneficiaries
- Other (financial or otherwise) account numbers, license, vehicle or certificate numbers
- (Medical or otherwise salient) device or serial numbers
- Any associated Internet Protocol (IP) addresses or URL/URIs
- All biometric data (i.e., finger, retinal or voice prints and/or DNA)
- Full-facial photographic images or images that have unique identifying characteristics
- Medical records."