The Open Data Institute (ODI) is catalysing the evolution of the open data culture to create economic, environmental, and social value. It helps unlock supply, generates demand, creates and disseminates knowledge to address local and global issues.
The ODI has a number of facets, including:
- working with business in exploiting open government data;
- developing and mentoring start-up Open Data companies;
- training Open Data technologists and entrepreneurs;
- working with the public sector on making data available and accessible;
- assembling the evidence base on the impact and value of Open Data;
- promoting open standards and commissioning research relevant to Open Data exploitation; and
- developing the UK's standing as an international leader in Open Data.