Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
G8, Open Data Charter (June 18, 2013) (full-text).
The Open Data Charter sets out five strategic principles that all G8 members will act on. These include:
- Open Data by Default – foster expectations that government data be published openly while continuing to safeguard privacy;
- Quality and Quantity – release quality, timely and well-described open data;
- Useable by All – release as much data in as many open formats as possible;
- Releasing Data for Improved Governance – share expertise and be transparent about data collection, standards and publishing processes; and
- Releasing Data for Innovation – consult with users and empower future generations of innovators.
G8 members have also identified 14 high-value areas — from education to transport, and from health to crime and justice — from which they will release data. These will help unlock the economic potential of open data, support innovation and provide greater accountability.