Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Open-source collection acquisition requirement management system (OSCAR-MS) is
|“||a Web-based service sponsored by the Office of the Assistant Deputy Director of National Intelligence for Open Source (ADDNI/OS) to provide the National Open Source Enterprise (NOSE) with an application for managing open-source collection requirements.||”|
"OSCAR-MS links OSINT providers and consumers within the intelligence community down to the brigade combat team (BCT) level. Personnel at the BCT level access OSCAR-MS via the SECRET Internet Protocol Router Network (SIPRNET) in order to submit requests for information to the Department of the Army Intelligence Information Services (DA IIS) request for information portal. The goal of the OSCAR-MS is to automate and streamline ad hoc open-source collection requirements by —
- Providing useful metrics to understand OSINT requirements.
- Allowing the digital indexing and tagging of submitted and completed open-source products to be searchable in the Library of National Intelligence.
- Providing for local control of administrative data such as unit account management, local data tables, and local formats.
- Allowing simple and flexible formats that employ database auto-population.
- Using complete English instead of acronyms, computer codes, and other nonintuitive shortcuts.
- Allowing linkages between requirements, products, and evaluations.
- Enabling integration of open-source users for collaboration between agencies.
- Reducing requirement duplication through customers directly contributing to existing requirements."