Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Department of Homeland Security Edit
- Conduct and supervise independent and objective audits and investigations relating to agency programs and operations.
- Promote economy, effectiveness, and efficiency within the agency.
- Prevent and detect fraud, waste, and abuse in agency programs and operations.
- Review and make recommendations regarding existing and proposed legislation and regulations relating to agency programs and operations.
- Keep the agency head and the Congress fully and currently informed of problems in agency programs and operations.
To ensure objectivity, the IG Act empowers the IG with:
- Independence to determine what reviews to perform.
- Access to all information necessary for the reviews.
- Authority to publish findings and recommendations based on the reviews.
Intelligence community Edit
The Office of the Inspector General (OIG) conducts independent investigations, audits, inspections, and special reviews of IC programs and activities that are the responsibility of and under the authority of the DNI to detect and deter waste, fraud, abuse, and misconduct, and to promote integrity, economy, efficiency, and effectiveness in the IC.
The Inspector General for the IC leads the OIG, chairs the IC Inspectors General Forum, receives and investigates allegations of IC activities constituting a violation of laws, rules, or regulations; mismanagement; gross waste of funds; abuse of authority; or a substantial and specific danger to the public health and safety. The Inspector General for the IC accepts and processes notifications from IC employees or contractors who are intending to report an urgent concern to the U.S. Congress.
- ↑ Pub. L. No. 107-296.
- "General" section: Cloud Computing and the Social Security Administration.
- "Intelligence community" section: