OMB Circulars are instructions or information issued by OMB to federal agencies. There have been a number of OMB Circulars issued, which relate to information technology and information law. Those discussed in this Wiki include (in reverse chronological order):
- OMB Circular No. A-130: Management of Federal Resources, Appendix III, Security of Federal Automated Information Resources (Feb. 8, 1996) (revision of edition issued Dec. 24, 1985).
- OMB Circular No. A-127: Financial Management Systems.
- OMB Circular No. A-123: Management Accountability and Control (June 1995; revised Dec. 21, 2004).
- OMB Circular No. A-119: Federal Participation in the Development and Use of Voluntary Consensus Standards and in Conformity Assessment Activities (rev. Feb. 10, 1998).
- OMB Circular No. A-109: Major System Acquisitions (Apr. 5, 1976).
- OMB Circular No. A-16: Coordination of Geographic Information and Related Spatial Data Activities (originally issued in 1953, then revised in 1967, 1990, and 2002).
- OMB Circular No. A-11: Preparation and Submission of the Budget (Aug. 3, 2012).