OECD Council Recommendation on Principles for Internet Policy Making (Dec. 13, 2011) (full-text).
- Promote and protect the global free flow of information;
- Promote the open, distributed and interconnected nature of the Internet;
- Promote investment and competition in high speed networks and services;
- Promote and enable the cross-border delivery of services;
- Encourage multi-stakeholder co-operation in policy development processes;
- Foster voluntarily developed codes of conduct;
- Develop capacities to bring publicly available, reliable data into the policy-making process;
- Ensure transparency, fair process, and accountability;
- Strengthen consistency and effectiveness in privacy protection at a global level;
- Maximise individual empowerment;
- Promote creativity and innovation;
- Limit Internet intermediary liability;
- Encourage co-operation to promote Internet security;
- Give appropriate priority to enforcement efforts.