The White House, National Security Presidential Directive 38 (NSPD 38), National Strategy to Secure Cyberspace (July 7, 2004) (classified; not available online).
NSPD 38 was issued on July 7, 2004 as the "National Strategy to Secure Cyberspace." The contents of this classified directive have never been released, but prior to the issuance of NSPD 38, the White House released a document by the same name ("National Strategy to Secure Cyberspace") that detailed five priorities to secure cyberspace:
- A National Cyberspace Security Response System.
- A National Cyberspace Security Threat and Vulnerability Reduction Program.
- A National Cyberspace Security Awareness and Training Program.
- Securing Governments' Cyberspace
- National Security and International Cyberspace Security Cooperation.