Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
National Security Decision Directives (NSDD) were issued by President Ronald Reagan and his Assistants to the President for National Security Affairs to set forth official national security policy for the guidance of the defense, intelligence, and foreign policy establishments of the U.S. Government.
Presidential administrations have issued similar numbered papers to guide policy since the formation of the National Security Council (NSC) in 1947. Each directive was given a number assigned in sequence in order of issuance. There were a total of 325 NSDDs issued.
The following National Security Decision Directives relate to the subject matter of this wiki:
- National Security Decision Directive 84: Safeguarding National Security Information (Mar. 1983).
- National Security Decision Directive 145: National Policy on Telecommunications and Automated Information Systems Security (Sept. 4, 1984) (replaced by National Security Directive 42).
- National Security Decision Directive 189: National Policy on the Transfer of Scientific, Technical and Engineering Information (Sept. 21, 1985).
- National Security Decision Directive 196: Counterintelligence/Countermeasure Implementation Task Force (Nov. 1985).
- National Security Decision Directive 298: National Operations Security Program (Jan. 22, 1988).
See also Edit
- National Security Directive 1
- National Security Directive 42
- National Security Directive 47
- National Security Directive 63