The National Research Council Canada (NRC) is an agency of the Government of Canada, reporting to Parliament through the Minister of Industry. Working with clients and partners, it provides innovation support, strategic research, scientific and technical services. The NRC:
- Enables companies to innovate by providing knowledge, equipment and easier access to applied research;
- Provides technical and commercialization services to industry;
- Undertakes the critical R&D that industry requires;
- Develops the highly skilled workforce that industry needs; and we
- Bridges the innovation gap between university-based discovery and industrial commercialization.
The NRC is governed by a council of appointees drawn from its client community. NRC's Council reviews the strategic directions and oversees the operations and performance of the organization.