Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The National Program Office at the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) coordinates the federal activities needed to implement NSTIC. The office, in cooperation with the [National Telecommunications and Information Administration]] (NTIA), will lead activities involving public policy development and privacy protections. The Office will serve as the point of contact to bring the public and private sectors together to meet this challenge. As the federal coordinator, the National Program Office will collaborate with other federal partners on the implementation of NSTIC.
The National Program Office will work to:
- Promote private sector involvement and engagement;
- Build consensus on the legal and policy frameworks necessary to achieve NSTIC's vision, including ways to enhance privacy, free expression, and open markets;
- Work with industry to identify where new standards or collaborative efforts may be needed;
- Support interagency collaboration and coordinate interagency efforts associated with achieving programmatic goals;
- Assess progress against the goals, objectives, and milestones of the Strategy and the associated implementation activities; and
- Promote important pilot projects and other implementations under NSTIC.