Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Australian Government, National Identity Security Strategy (Apr. 14, 2007) (full-text).
The preservation and protection of a person's identity is a right of all Australians. Identity theft is a major invasion of privacy and a serious concern to the community. To combat identity crime and to better protect identities, Australian governments have all agreed to the development and implementation of the National Identity Security Strategy. The Strategy enhances identification processes through:
- improved registration and enrolment procedures, including a new system for the electronic verification of documents used as evidence of identity
- enhanced security features on identity documents issued by government agencies, reducing the risk of forgery
- ensuring accuracy in the identity information held by government agencies
- strong authentication standards, and
- biometric interoperability, to confirm the identity of individuals.
- Cyber Security Strategy, at 7.