Australian Government, Department of Broadband, Communications and the Digital Economy, National Digital Economy Strategy: Leveraging the National Broadband Network to Drive Australia's Digital Productivity (2011) (full-text).
This publication sets out a vision for Australia to realise the benefits of the National Broadband Network (NBN) and position Australia as a leading digital economy by 2020. The document sets forth eight "Digital Economy Goals" that focus on the areas of:
- online participation by Australian households
- online engagement by Australian businesses and not-for-profit organisations
- smart management of our environment and infrastructure
- improved health and aged care
- expanded online education
- increased teleworking
- improved online government service delivery and engagement
- greater digital engagement in regional Australia.