The National Criminal Intelligence Resource Center (NCIRC), sponsored by the U.S. Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs, Bureau of Justice Assistance, is a secure website accessible via FBI Law Enforcement Online (LEO) and the Regional Information Sharing Systems network (RISSNET). The NCIRC website contains information regarding law enforcement intelligence operations and practices and provides criminal justice professionals with a centralized information bank to access a multitude of criminal intelligence resources, including:
- Best practices, model policies, and guidelines.
- Recommended criminal intelligence and training standards.
- Information about local, state, tribal, and federal information/intelligence sharing initiatives.
- Legislative information and funding opportunities.
- Technology-related information.
- Information on current issues, such as fusion centers and privacy concerns.
- Discussion forums and listservs.
The NCIRC reaches a wide law enforcement audience and is interested in promoting best practices used in law enforcement criminal intelligence operations, fusion centers, and information/intelligence sharing initiatives.