Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The National Conference of State Legislatures (NCSL) is a bipartisan organization that serves the legislators and staffs of the 50 states, its commonwealths and territories. NCSL provides research, technical assistance and opportunities for policymakers to exchange ideas on the most pressing state issues. NCSL is an advocate for the interests of state governments before Congress and federal agencies.
NCSL maintains lists of current state (and some federal) laws on a variety of topics relevant to this wiki, including:
- Automated License Plate Readers
- Broadband Statutes
- Data disposal laws
- Electronic Devices on School Property
- Employer Access to Social Media Usernames and Passwords
- Federal Drones/Unmanned Aerial Surveillance Legislation
- Laws Relating to Filtering, Blocking and Usage Policies in Schools and Libraries (state and federal)
- Legislation Related to the Uniform Electronic Legal Material Act (UELMA)
- 9-1-1 Legislation Tracking Database
- State computer hacking and unauthorized access laws
- State consumer report security freeze laws
- State cyberbullying laws
- State cyberstalking and cyberharassment laws
- State Laws Relating to Confidentiality of 9-1-1 Call Recordings
- State laws related to electronic solicitation or luring of children
- State laws related to internet privacy
- State phishing laws
- State "Revenge Porn" Legislation
- State security breach notification laws
- State spyware laws
- State virus/contaminant/destructive transmission laws
- Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) Legislation
- 2011 Legislation Related to "Sexting"