Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The NSTC Subcommittee on Biometrics and Identity Management was chartered by the National Science and Technology Council (NSTC) Committee on Technology (COT), and has been in operation since 2003. The purpose of the Subcommittee is to advise and assist the COT, NSTC and other coordination bodies of the Executive Office of the President on policies, procedures and plans for federally sponsored biometric and IdM activities. The Subcommittee facilitates a strong, coordinated, effort across federal agencies to identify and address important policy issues, as well as research, testing, standards, privacy and outreach needs.
The purpose of the subcommittee is to:
- Develop and implement multi-agency investment strategies that advance biometrics sciences to meet public and private needs;
- Coordinate biometrics-related activities that are of interagency importance;
- Facilitate the inclusion of privacy-protecting principles in biometrics system design;
- Ensure a consistent message about biometrics and government initiatives when agencies interact with Congress, the press and the public;
- Strengthen international and public sector partnerships to foster the advancement of biometrics technologies.