The NIST Big Data interoperability Framework is intended facilitates scientists' use of big data sets. The Framework was drafted by NIST Big Data Public Working Group, which developed big data definitions, taxonomies, important requirements for privacy and security protections, a standard road map, and a proposed reference architecture. NIST requested comments on the draft by May 21, 2015.
The seven volumes of the Report are:
- NIST Big Data Definitions & Taxonomies Subgroup
- NIST Big Data Use Case & Requirements Subgroup
- 3. NIST SP 1500-3 — Volume 3: Use Case & Requirements (full-text).
- NIST Big Data Security & Privacy Subgroup
- 4. NIST SP 1500-4 — Volume 4: Security and Privacy (full-text).
- NIST Big Data Reference Architecture Subgroup
- NIST Big Data Technology Roadmap Subgroup
- 7. NIST SP 1500-7 — Volume 7: Standards Roadmap (full-text).