Established in 2010, the Multi-State Information Sharing and Analysis Center (MS-ISAC) is a collaborative state and local government-focused cyber security entity that enhances cyber threat prevention, protection, and response and recovery. Its goals are to:
- disseminating early warnings of cyber threats
- sharing security incident information
- providing trending and other analysis for security planning
- distributing current proven security practices and suggestions; and
- promoting awareness of the interdependencies between cyber and physical critical infrastructure, as well as between and among the different sectors.
Its complementary 24-hour watch and warning facility designed to enhance situational awareness at the state and local level and allow the federal government to quickly and efficiently provide critical cyber risk, vulnerability, and mitigation data to state and local governments.