- Be a centre of information on security vulnerabilities and threats
- Educate its constituency on possible security attacks and how to mitigate those attacks
- Provide a point of contact to individuals from the constituency who fall victim of attacks
- Provide their assistance and help to these individuals to resolve and investigate such attacks
- Pro actively monitor the Government network for possible attacks and take necessary actions to mitigate them.
- Manage and handle, distributed attacks on the Government network such as mass virus attacks or denial of service attacks.
The mtCERT constituency is defined as all the Government employees who use IT during the course of their daily work schedule.