Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
U.S. copyright law Edit
Motion pictures are
|“||audiovisual works consisting of a series of related images which, when shown in succession, impart an impression of motion, together with accompanying sounds, if any.||”|
"The definition of 'motion pictures' does not include the following:
- Unauthorized fixations of live performances or telecasts.
- Live telecasts that are not fixed simultaneously with their transmission.
- Filmstrips and slide sets which, although consisting of a series of images intended to be shown in succession, are not capable of conveying an impression of motion."
The House Report notes that the key to the subcategory "motion pictures" is the conveyance of the impression of motion, and that such an impression is not required to qualify as an audiovisual work.
- ↑ 17 U.S.C. §101.
- ↑ Compendium of U.S. Copyright Office Practices, Third Edition, Glossary, at 11-12.
- ↑ See H.R. Rep. 94-1476, at 56, reprinted in 1976 U.S.C.C.A.N. 5669.