Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The current rules amended in 1999 by the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network revised the regulatory definitions of certain non-bank financial institutions for purposes of the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and grouped the definitions into a separate category of financial institution called money services businesses (or MSBs). A business that meets one or more of the definitions of a type of MSB (as currently defined) is an MSB and must comply with BSA requirements applicable to it as an MSB, as a financial institution and as a specific type of MSB.
The capacities in which a business might be acting that could bring it within the definition of an MSB are:
Product or Service (Capacity/Type of MSB)
- Money Orders (Issuer of money orders)
- Seller of money orders
- Redeemer of money orders
- Traveler's Checks (Issuer of traveler's checks)
- Seller of traveler's checks
- Redeemer of traveler's checks
- Money Transmission (Money transmitter)
- Check Cashing (Check casher)
- Currency Exchange (Dealer in foreign exchange)
- Currency Dealing (Dealer in foreign exchange)
- Prepaid Access (Provider of Prepaid Access) (Seller of Prepaid Access)