- correct defects
- meet new requirements
- make future maintenance easier, or
- cope with a changed environment.
|“||[t]he ability of an item to be retained in, or restored to, a specified condition when maintenance is performed by personnel having specified skill levels, using prescribed procedures and resources, at each prescribed level of maintenance and repair.||”|
|“||[t]he ease with which maintenance of a functional unit can be performed in accordance with prescribed requirements.||”|
- A characteristic of design and installation, expressed as the probability that an item will be retained in or restored to a specified condition within a given period of time, when the maintenance is performed in accordance with prescribed procedures and resources.
- The ease with which maintenance of a functional unit can be performed in accordance with prescribed requirements.
- ↑ Defense Acquisition University, Glossary, at B-108 (13th ed. Nov. 2009) (full-text).
- ↑ Information Technology: An Audit Guide For Assessing Acquisition Risks, Glossary, at 92.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|