Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
An intermediary is
- a “middleman” that, before the Internet, was previously required to obtain a good or service: a stock broker, a bank, a medical professional (for information), a travel agent, a store, or a university, to name a few.
- "third parties facilitating a transaction, including those responsible for the storage of information."
- "[a] protocol entity that sits between the initiator and the recipient and is necessary for the initiator and recipient to communicate. Unlike an eavesdropper, an intermediary is an entity that is part of the communication architecture and therefore at least tacitly authorized."
- ↑ Principles of Consumer Protection for Electronic Commerce: A Canadian Framework, Glosssary.
- ↑ Privacy Considerations for Internet Protocols, at 7.