Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The InterNational Committee for Information Technology Standards (INCITS) is
|“||an organization that promotes the effective use of information and communications technology through standardization in a way that balances the interests of all stakeholders and increases the global competitiveness of the member organizations.||”|
INCITS serves as the ANSI Technical Advisory Group (TAG) for ISO/IEC Joint Technical Committee 1. INCITS is sponsored by the Information Technology Industry Council (ITI), a trade association representing the leading U.S. providers of information technology products and services. INCITS currently has more than 975 published standards.
INCITS is organized into Technical Committees that focus on the creation of standards for different technology areas. Technical committees that focus on IT security and IT security-related technologies, or may require separate security standards include:
- B10 – Identification Cards and Related Devices
- CS1 – Cyber Security
- E22 – Item Authentication
- M1 – Biometrics
- T3 – Open Distributed Processing (ODP)
- T6 – Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) Technology
- GIT1 - Governance of IT; and
- DAPS38 - Distributed Application Platforms and Services.
- ↑ Biometrics Identity Management Agency, Biometrics Glossary, at 38 (Ver. 5) (Oct. 2010) (full-text).