The Intelligence Community Information Sharing Executive (IC ISE) serves as the DNI's senior accountable officer providing oversight and program management for all ODNI and IC information sharing efforts. The IC ISE coordinates activities within the ODNI and across all IC elements to prioritize, harmonize, and accelerate information sharing initiatives. In addition to the IC ISE's broad information sharing mandate for the IC, the IC ISE collaborates very closely with the Program Manager-Information Sharing Environment (PM-ISE) to provide a holistic approach to information sharing across the U.S. Government.
The IC ISE chairs the Intelligence Community Information Sharing Steering Committee (IC ISSC) and the ODNI Information Sharing Executive Group (ISEG). Both forums meet monthly, and serve as the primary mechanisms for the IC ISE and designated senior IC leaders to hold corporate discussions, and arrive at strategic corporate positions on IC information sharing issues (and associated resource implications).
- Defining appropriate mechanisms for developing information sharing relationships.
- Enhancing capabilities to correlate and disambiguate large volumes of information.
- Enhancing capabilities to easily and quickly search and access all information for which a user is authorized.
- Implementing a standard trusted identity and access management capability.
- Deploying phased enhancements to processes and technology tools to actively track user activities, trigger suspicious trends, and provide continuous assurance that data remains accessible and protected.
- Incorporating information sharing material into new and existing training and other relevant programs.
- U.S. National Intelligence: An Overview 2013, at 63-64.